Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Two Step Oreo Cake

I’m back. I didn’t abandon you all, cross my heart and hope to die. I was enjoying some much deserved time off, frolicking in foreign lands.

But to make it up to you for leaving you alone for so long I have come back with gifts.
First up – my latest creation. The two step oreo cake.

Short of time? Need a sugar fix? Bored of the simple things like cakes and biscuits? Well, why not whack the two of them together! Volia – oreo cake.

Take one packet butter cake mix and one packet of oreo biscuits (approx. 12). Roughly chop the biscuits into chunks, make butter cake batter according to box, mix in oreo chunks and bake. See, two steps!


Now, if you want to get really fancy like I have, why not add a cream cheese frosting to finish it off?



Oreo cream cheese frosting.
· 1 tub of light Philadelphia cream cheese
· 25 g of unsalted butter
· 1-2 cups of sifted confectioners’ sugar
· 6-8 oreo biscuits, chopped finely
· Extra oreo biscuits to decorate (optional)

Cream butter and cream cheese together until light and pale in colour.
Slowly add sugar until well mixed (add to taste).
Stir in chopped oreo biscuits.

You will probably find many cream cheese frosting recipes that call for large amounts of butter, anywhere between 50 grams to 250 grams. This recipe is made to my own personal taste and a belief that if I wanted my frosting to taste of excess butter, then I would just make a butter cream frosting!



Next week, part two of my gifts to you all. KayB’s culinary adventures in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment