It’s been 2 months since my last post. Forgive me. But I have a good excuse. I’ve been without internet, you see. But last week the internet gods smiled down on me and supplied me with a super fast ADSL2 line. Let me catch you up on what’s been happening in the life of KayB these last couple of months..
1. I went on a roadtrip to Queensland for Splendour in the Grass. Miss Moon and JayB came too. It was amazing. We had VIP passes. We danced back stage. A lot. We also bought 1 dollar cans of Mother thanks to 7/11. We drank it with dirty, dirty vodka. A lot of vodka.
2. I moved out of home. Scary. I’ve been anticipating this move for over 12 months, when I first bought my home. And finally I was ready. It’s pretty. I like to decorate with retro 50’s furniture and fun letters from typo. I can also walk around in my nuddy pants whenever I want (that means no pants, fyi). Knock first, ok.
3. Because of the whole ‘new house’ thing, I now have a set of ‘KayB’s House Rules’. They are on my fridge. It was a funny process which involved an amazing BBQ and lots of beers. We made up one rule for each day of the month. For example, the 18th is baked goods day. If you want to come into my house on the 18th you must bring baked goods with you. That’s my favourite of all the rules.
4. I went to Hamilton Island with a great bunch of girls for my SIL’s hens weekend. It was fun. We drank waaaaaaaaaay too much. And I have developed a taste for mango cocktails. Then our flight home was delayed by four hours. Up yours, Jetstar!!
5. I got new glasses. They’re cool. My eyes will be worthless by the time I turn thirty, so I figure I’m going to give them some super rad styling until that day.
6. I made DaddyB a birthday cake. He loves to ride his mountain bike. So his cake had a bike on it. His bike is called SNAFU. I have no idea why, he might have told me once but I forgot. I’m a great daughter. It’s a butter cake with passionfruit buttercream. Ohhhh yum. And super easy to make. Just add passionfruit pulp to your buttercream. Duh. Easy.
I’ll be back next week with a real post. About a cake. That makes sense, considering this is a blog about cakes. And it’ll be a good one. Promise.