Sunday, February 7, 2010

MummyB's Butterfly Birthday Cake - Inspired by Peggy Porschen and her Romantic Cakes

A new year already. How quickly 12 months have flown by! For Christmas this year I was treated with an array of cooking books; Bourke Street Bakery, Max Brenner and Cake Wrecks, just to name a few.


But I also treated myself with a new addition to my cooking library. Peggy Porschen is an incredibly creative woman, and her cakes are absolutely divine. For some inspiration in 2010 I bought myself her book 'Romantic Cakes'.


And what perfect timing, it arrived on my doorstep at the beginning of January. Just in time for my Mother's birthday.


So here is the inspiration for MummyB’s birthday cake.


All of her cakes are just stunning and for inspiration, look no further than a Peggy Porschen designed cake. I just love the blue and brown colour scheme and Peggy provides some fantastic tips and tricks to make decorating super simple.


Admittedly my butterflies were not as professionally executed at Peggy’s (my piping bag was, and still is, MIA). But I think the colours work perfectly together and I’m sure I will be making plenty more of these butterflies.


Happy Birthday MummyB!

No comments:

Post a Comment