Thursday, January 31, 2013

Paleo Banana Ice Cream


I'm a sucker for ice cream. When I was in New York last year I pretty much ate the entire city clean of Ben and Jerry's. It wasn't pretty. I'm not sure where I stumbled upon this fake ice cream trick, but I know it's not only the paleo community who enjoy it, mothers are also suckers for this sugar free, kid friendly treat. It is super quick and super easy! I'm planning to experiment with adding some more flavours to the mix, but for the meantime my boyfriend and I enjoy a bowl with strawberries and a little bit of nutella.

Ingredients.
1 ripe banana

Chop your banana up into bit size pieces and lay on a plate covered with baking paper. Whack in the freezer for an hour.

Grab your food processor and throw your frozen banana chunks in. Whiz on low until all the banana is whipped up and creamy. You'll probably need to scrap down the sides as your go, but shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

If you don't have a food processor or blender, you can pre mash the bananas before you freeze them, the texture will be a little less creamy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment